In its first 30+ years, the Snuggery was the setting for more than 41,000 births. Each of them received the same outstanding, personalized care the Snuggery has become synonymous with.
The Snuggery Features
- 20 remodeled patient rooms, featuring outstanding design and décor, individual temperature controls and the latest in birthing technology and equipment
- An expanded special care nursery, providing specialized care for newborns requiring more advanced care, such as premature and post-mature infants
- A comfortable family and friends waiting room
- A bright nurses’ station and reconfiguration of traffic flow to provide easier, faster travel between patient rooms for family and staff
- Upgraded, energy-efficient lighting specially designed to complement birthing units
In addition, the Snuggery was a pioneer in Single-room Labor-Delivery-Recovery-Postpartum care, and continues that tradition of care today. At The Snuggery, each woman remains in the same private guest room for all phases of the birthing process. Single-room care is found to be more relaxing and less stressful for mothers than having to be moved from one room to another, as some hospitals continue to do.
Two area obstetrical practices deliver babies at The Joyce Stock Snuggery:
- Women’s Care in Obstetrics & Gynecology with offices in Saratoga and Glens Falls
- North Country Obstetrics & Gynecology of Queensbury
Both practices offer care by physicians and midwives.