New Visitation Guidelines Effective August 3, 2022
The safety of our patients, visitors and staff is always our first priority. Effective Wednesday, AUgust 3, visitation guidelines will be expanded as follows:
- Visiting hours will be 11am – 8pm, seven days per week.
- Each inpatient may have two unique visitors per day.
- Visitors must be age 18 and older.
- Visitors will enter only through the Tower Entrance where they will be greeted and screened by security.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times and one will be provided if needed.
- Visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer at the screening station and practice good hand hygiene for the duration of their visit.
- As masks are required to be worn by all visitors, there is no eating or drinking in patient rooms at this time.
- Please understand that visitation is not allowed for COVID-19 positive infectious patients.
- On the day of discharge from an inpatient stay, two visitors may accompany the patient for the discharge process outside of visiting hours.
- The Joyce Stock Snuggery: up to two support people (including a doula) will be allowed. For the Special Care Nursery, patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Emergency Department: Limited to one unique visitor per day who may leave and return if necessary. Staff will exercise their best clinical judgment in determining when visitation may be temporarily limited based on departmental needs. Compassionate exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Same Day Surgeries and Outpatient Procedures:
- One visitor may accompany the patient during admission and rejoin them for the discharge process. Those accompanying a same day surgical or procedural treatment patient my stay in the waiting area, or Tower Lobby waiting area. Visitors may also use the cafeteria, located in the basement of the central corridor.
Visitation for off-site locations, special areas related to pediatric patients, patients for whom a support person has been determined to be essential to the care of the patient, and patients in imminent end-of-life and compassionate exceptions remain unchanged.
Please understand that some patients may be excluded from visitation due to their medical condition or safety requirements. Visitors who are at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults and those with underlying medical conditions, are discouraged from visiting at this time. Additionally, those who do not follow the visitation guidelines will be asked to leave. We thank you for your cooperation.