SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VISITORS – UPDATED MARCH 18, 2020
Due to confirmed cases of COVID 19 regionally, and out of an abundance of caution and care for our community, Glens Falls Hospital will suspend ALL routine visitation to our patients effective immediately.
No visitors will be allowed unless they meet the exceptions listed below, however no visitors under age 16 will be allowed. There are exceptions for certain patients that include:
- Delivering mothers will be allowed one visitor for the duration of their stay – this can be a spouse/significant other OR another support person of the family’s choosing
- Special Care Nursery patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit
- Compassionate exceptions may be made
Guests that meet an exception will be allowed inside the hospital, but will be restricted to the patient’s room. Once a guest leaves a patient’s room; they must leave the hospital.
No guest will be allowed entry to visit a patient who has a pending or positive COVID-19 test.
Additionally we have instate new hours for our public entrances:
Tower Entrance = CLOSED
West Entrance = Daily, 6AM-8PM
Pruyn Entrance = Monday-Friday 5AM-6PM
Emergency Department = 27/7 including holidays
Valet Service is suspended until further notice. All visitors and patients will be screened prior to entry.
We thank you for your cooperation!
Our primary concern at Glens Falls Hospital is the comfort and safety of our patients and visitors. We strive to make your visit as comfortable and convenient as possible. Below is the most frequently requested information about our hospital.
Note: All visitors will be greeted by security and asked to show a photo ID. These include, but are not limited to, a driver’s license, military ID, or school ID. If a visitor does not have an ID, the security team will work with the visitor on a case by case basis. A photo will be taken and a visitor badge will be issued to give you access to the hospital campus. We appreciate your cooperation.
Glens Falls Hospital will not restrict, limit, or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. Glens Falls Hospital will ensure that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
Supporting our patients’ needs to rest, we encourage you to speak with the patient’s nurse for unit-suggested visiting guidelines. If the stated times are not convenient for you or the patient, please make the patient’s nurse aware of your situation and efforts will be made to accommodate you and the patient.
Please note that visitors are asked to observe quiet times daily from 8 pm – 7 am to give our patients the ability to rest and recuperate. Any restrictions on visitors or other forms of communication are evaluated for their therapeutic effectiveness and are fully explained to the patient and the family who then participate in the determination.
Visit Helpful Information for our dining options, interpreter services, patient experience, lost and found, pastoral care, security, and cell phone use.
Glens Falls Hospital recognizes the important role visitors can play in helping someone through a hospital stay. Please note there may be times when it is clinically necessary to restrict the number of visitors and/or duration of a visit. For the comfort and safety of the patient you are visiting, we ask that you please observe the following guidelines:
- Two visitors at a time is preferred. Children under the age of 18 may be restricted or required to be accompanied by an adult, at the discretion of the healthcare team. It is up to the discretion of the healthcare team if children under 12 years old are appropriate for visitation.
- In accordance with NYS law, smoking and vaping are prohibited at Glens Falls Hospital and all regional locations.
- Due to concerns for the safety of our patients, all visitors are asked to clean their hands before and after visiting patients. Hands may be cleaned with soap and water or with alcohol-based gel available throughout the hospital and in every patient room. Additionally, visitors are asked to comply with any isolation precautions indicated on the entrance to the patient room while visiting. We hope that both of these requests will help to create a safe and healthful environment for all patients, staff and visitors in the hospital.
- Many patients are on restricted diets. Please check with the nurse before bringing in food from the outside. Please do not use restrooms located in patient rooms. A nurse or other Glens Falls Hospital staff member can direct you to the nearest public restroom.
- Firearms and other weapons are not permitted on hospital property, except in the case of law enforcement
These guidelines have been established to ensure your loved one or friend is treated in a quiet, healthful environment, with time for visitors as well. In semi-private rooms, the privacy and need for rest of both patients should be of the utmost consideration. Your cooperation in maintaining a peaceful and comfortable atmosphere for all patients is greatly appreciated. In the event that the hospital must restrict a patient’s visitors or other forms of communication based on therapeutic effectiveness, this will be fully explained to the patient and any caregivers and will be determined with their participation.
Visiting Guidelines During Flu Season
During flu season, the New York State Department of Health requires hospitals to institute specific guidelines and precautions to prevent the spread of influenza. Guidelines will be updated throughout the hospital and include no visitors with fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, rash, diarrhea, or vomiting. Please speak with your nurse should you have any questions or concerns.