Visitation Guidelines – UPDATE JULY 20, 2023
The safety of our patients, visitors and staff is always our first priority.
- Visiting hours will be 11am – 8pm, seven days per week.
- Each inpatient may have two visitors at one time; visitors may come and go during visiting hours.
- Visitors must be age 12 and older; visitors under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors will enter only through the Tower Entrance where they will be greeted and screened by security.
- MASKS ARE NOW OPTIONAL
- Visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer at the screening station and practice good hand hygiene for the duration of their visit.
- Eating and drinking in patient rooms is allowed.
- Please understand that visitation is not allowed for COVID-19 positive infectious patients.
- On the day of discharge from an inpatient stay, two visitors may accompany the patient for the discharge process outside of visiting hours.
- The Joyce Stock Snuggery: up to two support people (including a doula) will be allowed. For the Special Care Nursery, patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other. Please click here for complete Snuggery visitation information.
- Emergency Department: Limited to one visitor at a time who may leave and return, and visitors may change places, if necessary. Staff will exercise their best clinical judgment in determining when visitation may be temporarily limited based on departmental needs. Compassionate exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Same Day Surgeries, Outpatient Procedures, Medical Centers/Clinics: One visitor may accompany the patient during admission and rejoin them for the discharge process. Those accompanying a same day surgical or procedural treatment patient my stay in the waiting area, or Tower Lobby waiting area. Visitors may also use the cafeteria, located in the basement of the central corridor. Children under the age of 12 may be allowed to accompany patients for outpatient services at the discretion of the provider and location. Please plan to discuss your situation with your provider in advance. Children under 18 are not allowed at the CR Wood Cancer Center unless they have an appointment with Pyschosocial Services.
Visitation for special areas related to pediatric patients, patients for whom a support person has been determined to be essential to the care of the patient, and patients in imminent end-of-life and compassionate exceptions remain unchanged.
Please understand that some patients may be excluded from visitation due to their medical condition or safety requirements. Visitors who are at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults and those with underlying medical conditions, are discouraged from visiting at this time. Additionally, those who do not follow the visitation guidelines will be asked to leave. We thank you for your cooperation.