Our primary concern at Glens Falls Hospital is the comfort and safety of our patients and visitors. We strive to make your visit as comfortable and convenient as possible.
We are proud to offer online pre-registration, expanded service hours, and high quality patient-centered care. We also offer a variety of financial and insurance assistance opportunities.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact a patient care representative at 518-926-3450.
Our Admission Process
When you arrive at Glens Falls Hospital, the main information desk will be located in the Tower Lobby. If you are here for testing or a medical appointment, please report to the point of service desk located in the West Lobby.
The admission process at Glens Falls Hospital requires us to ask questions and gather important information from you, including:
- Your personal information, including your name, address, telephone number, and emergency contact(s). We may also ask you for your social security number as a second form of identification or to verify/obtain insurance benefits.
- The type of insurance you have. (Please have your identification cards and a photo ID.)
- Your medical condition.
All information you provide us is considered private and will be held in the strictest confidence. Please note that if you are scheduled for an appointment at one of our off-site locations, the check in process will be specific to that office.
Before we can treat you, you must sign a Permission for Treatment/Consent of Care form.
- This is required for both emergency and routine care.
- If the patient is unable to sign, a surrogate may sign in his/her place.
- If the patient is a minor, signed consent is required from his/her parent or legal guardian.
We will contact your insurance company within one business day of your admission. Keep in mind that many insurance plans require that you also notify them—either in advance for scheduled admissions or within 48 hours if you’ve received emergency care. Typically, information about this requirement can be found on the back of your insurance identification card. Since it is your responsibility to notify your insurance company, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with your plan’s requirements.
For more information about the pre-registration process call 518-926-5300.