Glens Falls Hospital offers outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy, as well as fitness services with a medical focus at the Rehabilitation and Wellness Center.
At the Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, you’ll find:
- A newly renovated facility equipped with the latest rehabilitation technology, including the region’s most advanced HydroWorx® aquatic therapy pool.
- The region’s largest and most experienced team, including physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, exercise physiologists, and a neuropsychologist all with considerable experience in helping people with a wide array of injuries, illnesses and developmental disabilities. Included are therapists specializing in back and neck pain, women’s health issues, lymphedema treatment, upper extremity injuries, and balance disorders as well as programs for joint replacement, parkinsons and chronic pain.
- A collaborative approach to care, with therapists working closely together to share their diversity of experiences and ideas with a goal of helping our patients recover as quickly and completely as possible.
- A comprehensive wellness program, where exercise physiologists provide medically oriented exercise instruction, giving people the knowledge and confidence to exercise without fear of injury.
- Physical Therapy
- After Breast Cancer (ABC) Program
- Fit For Life Chronic Pain Program
- Musculoskeletal injuries/disorders
- McKenzie Method for Neck/Back and Extremities
- Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Pre/Post Natal
- Occupational Therapy
- Hand and Upper Extremity Therapy
- Custom Splinting
- Speech Therapy
- Communication Device Assessment and Management
- Voice Therapy
- Diagnostic Audiology Evaluation for all age groups
- Hearing Aid Fitting, Repairs and Services
- Tinnitus Assessment and Management
- VNG Balance and Vestibular Assessment
- Pediatric therapy
- Neurologic injuries/disorders (Stroke, Traumatic Head Injury, etc)
- Cognitive Therapy Program
- LSVT Big & Loud for Parkinsons
- Work Hardening
- Physical Therapy
The Fitness Facility with a Medical Focus
The Glens Falls Hospital Wellness Center provides our community with a unique exercise experience.
The Wellness Center is integrated with the Rehabilitation Center which has physical, occupational and speech therapy services onsite. This provides easy transition for patients receiving therapy services to continue with their exercise program during and after their therapy ends. The facility is equipped with aerobic exercise equipment for members of differing activity levels as well as several resistance training options. It is also one of the few facilities in the area that has several NuStep machines which are popular with clients who have joint pain or weakness.
Members receive a health assessment and individualized exercise instruction with continued supervision and guidance throughout the membership. Personalized goal setting is offered with our staff monitoring their progress and working with them to reach their goals. One-on-one training, special testing (balance, body composition, falls risk), assistance on/off the equipment and monitoring of blood pressure, oxygen and heart rate are all included in the membership at no extra cost.
Medical clearance is required to activate membership and must be updated annually. Patients completing a cardiac rehab, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy at a Glens Falls Hospital outpatient facility have the initial health assessment fee waived and the first month free if starting while receiving services or within one month of completing therapy.
Flexible options are offered for membership fees include individual and couple options; 1, 6 and 12 month options; and discounts for seniors and Glens Falls Hospital employees. We participate in several discount programs that will cover the cost of membership or provide discounted rates.
Wellness specialty programs include:
- Aquatic Classes (WaterWorx)
- Couch to 5K
- Forever Strong
- Group Exercise Classes
- Power Over Parkinson’s (POP) )
- Total Joint Replacement Pre-hab Program