SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VISITORS
Effective Wednesday, January 12, 2022 new visitation guidelines will go into effect for hospital inpatients in a manner that maintains the safety of patients, visitors, and staff to contain the spread of COVID-19:
- At the Joyce Stock Snuggery, expectant mothers may have up to two support people (including a Doula).
- The spouse/support person is welcome anytime for the duration of the mother’s and baby’s hospital stay, otherwise visiting hours in the Snuggery are 11am-1:30pm and 3:30pm-8pm.
- Special Care Nursery patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other.
- All visitors must be age 18 or older.
- We recognize that in certain circumstances these guidelines will need to be modified – your care providers will work with you if this is the case in your situation.
Because hospital staff move frequently from room to room, patients and permitted visitors must wear masks at all times to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone. Snuggery birthing partners must arrive with their own mask and will then be issued a hospital mask when they reach the unit. Snuggery birthing partners must wear their hospital issued mask when staff announce that they are entering the room.
THANK YOU for your understanding! Feel free to speak with your care givers if you have any concerns. You may also ask to speak with a Patient Experience Representative at any time.
Fathers/Significant Others are welcome anytime.
All other visitors may visit from 9:00am – 1:30pm and 3:30pm – 8:00pm.
Exceptions to this include flu or any other community outbreak where infection poses a larger threat.
Note: All visitors will be greeted by Security and asked to show a photo ID. These include, but are not limited to, a driver’s license, military ID, or School ID. If a visitor does not have an ID, the security team will work with the visitor on a case by case basis. A photo will be taken and a visitor badge will be issued to give you access to the Hospital campus. We appreciate your cooperation.
1:30pm – 3:30pm is Quiet Time on The Joyce Stock Snuggery to promote rest for mom & baby.
Visiting is suspended during that time for everyone other than fathers/significant others. This is a time for you to rest without fear of being interrupted by visitors, nurses or anyone dropping in. We believe you need time to get to know your baby, breast feed, or just nap. This is your time out from the hectic routine of hospital. Your nurse will, of course, be available for any assistance you need.