Legionella Urine Antigen Test by ICA
POWERCHART ORDER – Legionella Urine Antigen by ICA
The Legionella Urinary Antigen test is an in vitro rapid immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 antigen (L. pneumophila serogroup 1 antigen) in urine specimens from patients with symptoms of pneumonia. It is intended to aid in the presumptive diagnosis of Legionella infection (Legionnaires’ disease) caused by L. pneumophila serogroup 1 in conjunction with culture and other methods.
Rapid Immunochromatographic Assay
Legionella, Urine Legionella
- Note: Urine specimen only for this test.
Standard Urine Collection Container.
- Acceptable: Boric Acid may be used as a preservative.
- Unacceptable: Use of other preservatives.
- Transport in a leak proof container
Specimen Minimum Volume
Specimen Stability Information
- Samples may be stored at room temperature if assayed within 24 hours.
- Specimens may be stored at 2-8°C for up to 14 days before testing
Rejected Due To
- Insufficient specimen
- Greater than 24 hours old at room temperature
- Greater the 14 days old at 2-8°C
- Leaking container
Glens Falls Hospital Microbiology Laboratory
Day(s) and Time(s) Performed
- Day Shift
- 7 days per week
Specimen Retention Time