Glens Falls Hospital Seeks BC Neurologist to Lead a Growing Team – Neurology Chair & Medical Director, Stroke Program
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a dynamic and growing neurology practice and refine a successful, progressive Primary Stroke Program.
The position includes:
- Medical Directorship for the Division of Neurology and Stroke Program.
- General outpatient neurology office practice as well as inpatient and emergency consultative services.
- Call is 1:4 and allows for collaboration to provide a balanced work schedule. We have just partnered with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Tele-Neurology Program to implement tele-stroke coverage for our ED which will offer Stroke Program assistance with call and increased scheduling flexibility.
- The partnership with MGH offers additional education resources.
- Stroke Fellowship preferred.
- Generous compensation package, benefit and CME time.
More about Glens Falls Hospital Neurology:
- NYS Primary Stroke Center designation. We achieved the Bronze Award in the inaugural year of the program and participate in state and regional stroke quality improvement projects.
- Cared for 450 stroke/TIA patients in 2019
- Consulted on over 900 neurology inpatients in 2019
- Administered 47 cases of Alteplase (tPA) in 2019
- NYS designation as a Center for Excellence in Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Neuro-diagnostic Center with interpretation of EEG, EMG, Evoke Potential studies, Carotid & Transcranial Doppler studies.
- Concussion Clinic
- Headache and Botox clinic
- Glens Falls Neurology is eager to support the expansion of services and procedures with growth of the service line in efforts to meet our community’s neurological needs.
Want to know more about the region?
Glens Falls is located in Warren County and just a short drive away from Saratoga Springs, the Adirondack Mountains, Lake George and Lake Champlain. The region provides family-friendly communities with quality affordable housing and excellent public and private schools. Area cultural opportunities are limitless and include live music, professional and local theater, unique dining experiences and a variety of annual festivals catering to every interest. Hiking, camping, boating, skiing, and golfing are among the many outdoor activities enjoyed in the Adirondacks and NYC, Boston, and Montreal are popular day trips for residents.