SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VISITORS
Effective Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 8PM: Out of an abundance of caution as the number of regional coronavirus cases rises, Glens Falls Hospital is restricting inpatient and Emergency Department visitation. Hospitals throughout the region are taking similar measures.
No visitors will be allowed unless they meet the exceptions listed below, however no visitors under age 18 will be allowed. There are exceptions for certain patients that include:
- Visitors will be limited to those with loved ones near the end of life, parents or guardians with hospitalized children and birthing partners.
- Delivering mothers will be allowed one visitor for the duration of their stay – this can be a spouse/significant other OR another support person of the family’s choosing – as well as their doula.
- Special Care Nursery patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Compassionate exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- To further ensure the safety of the Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Glens Falls Hospital Medical Group patients and patients of other off site locations, no visitors or non-patients may join a patient during a visit or for registration for a procedure. One person may join pediatric patients or patients in need of physical or mental support.
Guests that meet an exception will be allowed inside the hospital, but will be restricted to the patient’s room. Please understand that some patients may be excluded from visitation due to their medical condition or safety requirements. Additionally, those who do not follow the visitation guidelines will be asked to leave.
Because hospital staff move frequently from room to room, patients and permitted visitors must wear masks at all times during hospital and clinic visits to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone. Snuggery birthing partners must arrive with their own mask, and will then be issued a hospital mask when they reach the unit. Snuggery birthing partners must wear their hospital issued mask when staff announce that they are entering the room. Patients and permitted visitors who have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 (unless they have been fully vaccinated and it is at least 2 weeks since their final vaccine injection – please bring proof of vaccination) or are experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or loss of smell or taste, or who have traveled outside of NY State (*with the exception of Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania*) are asked to please call the hospital or the clinic prior to their appointment. The appointment may be rescheduled. Telemedicine visits are also available.
Glens Falls Hospital encourages the use of virtual visitation via digital devices to stay in touch with patients. The hospital can provide iPads to those who don’t have technology to communicate with loved ones. If you are interested in virtual visitation, please contact Patient Experience at 518-926-3450.
As a reminder, Glens Falls Hospital primary care and specialty practices, the C.R. Wood Cancer Center, Surgery, Rehabilitation Services, diagnostic facilities such as lab and radiology, and all other ancillary services remain open. Our team has gone to great lengths to ensure a safe environment for providing care at all our locations. Beyond the visible enhancements, like requiring masks, we have advanced screening, sterilization and cleaning processes in place to support your health and well-being. Staff continue to follow the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the New York State Department of Health, which includes the use of appropriate personal protective equipment, including masks, and daily symptom screening.
We thank you once again for your cooperation and your trust in Glens Falls Hospital to be your care partner.