The Infusion Center
Glens Falls Hospital's Outpatient Infusion Center is dedicated to providing patient care excellence. We offer a comfortable and convenient outpatient setting for those who require frequent infusions of medications. Infusion services are provided by a staff of registered nurses who specialize in intravenous therapy.
Patients receive their infusion on a recliner or bed and may watch DVDs on a portable DVD player, enjoy television on a large screen, use our Wi-Fi computer access, listen to music, read or simply relax.
- IV antibiotics
- IV antifungals
- Blood and blood product transfusions
- Maintenance of Central Venous access devices
- Placement of Peripherally Inserted Central Venous Catheters (PICC lines)
- IV Immune Globulin therapy (IVIG)
- Hydration therapy
- IV/IM vitamins
- Care and maintenance of intrathecal or implanted infusion pumps
- Iron infusions
- Teaching for self-administration of medications (Humira, Lovenox, treatment for Hepatitis C)
- Therapeutic Phlebotomies
- Specialty medications:
- Remicade or Orencia for Crohns, RA and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Tysabri for MS
- Boniva, Reclast, or Prolia for bone loss
- Epogen, Procrit or Aranesp for anemia due to chronic kidney disease
- Actemra and Rituxan for RA
- Xolair for allergic asthma
- Entyvio for UC or Crohns
Open 365 days per year
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday and Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays, 7a.m. to 3 p.m.
Visit our online library for more information on infusion therapy.
For more information, please