Publications | For Employees | For Physicians | Contact Us
Glens Falls Hospital has once again advanced the quality of surgical care in our region with the opening of the Harry M. "Mac" DePan Surgical Care Unit. This transformative new facility is designed for the maximum comfort of patients recuperating from major surgery, getting them "Back to Living" their lives.
• 27 private rooms providing patients with greater privacy and a more restful stay in an environment that is welcoming for family and friends. Recessed entryways allow for convenient storage of technology and equipment and also help buffer noise.
• Patients with a history of heart conditions will not need to be transferred to the Cardiac Care Unit as the unit features in-room cardiac telemetry equipment.
• A warm and inviting Day Room providing a welcoming place for family and friends to gather. Free Wi-Fi allows visitors to catch up on work and communicate with family and friends not able to be at the hospital.
• A technologically-advanced Nursing Station improving the flow of communication between clinical staff, patients and family members.
• A new Joint Replacement Education Program, available free of charge for patients preparing for joint replacement surgery. Information about what to expect during and after the procedure is provided for patients, families and caregivers in an effort to support them in the recovery process.