The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Glens Falls Hospital is for those who suffer from pulmonary diseases and related conditions that may hinder their living activities. The program is open to individuals with any chronic lung disease including:
- chronic bronchitis
- pulmonary fibrosis
The focus of pulmonary rehabilitation is to restore and promote healthy habits and improve day-to-day living experiences. Pulmonary Rehab is a supervised program of exercise and education. Patients visit the center three times a week and are under the care of the Pulmonary Rehab staff, which consists of registered nurses, exercise physiologists and a medical director.
- Close cooperation with your physician.
- Personalized exercise program.
- Coordination of your care by an experienced professional nurse.
- Personal and group education for patients and families including:
- Breathing techniques
- Daily living skills
- How to use your medical equipment, such as oxygen, inhalers and nebulizers
You'll be surprised at how much you can achieve!
Pulmonary Rehab will help you:
- Do more of the things you enjoy.
- Do daily activities, such as household tasks, with less shortness of breath.
- Learn to relax and not panic when you feel short of breath.
- Get answers to your healthcare questions.
- Set and meet realistic goals.
To learn more about