- Nutrition Center Home
- - Body Mass Index
- - Support Groups
- - Nutrition Risk Assessment
- - Other Nutrition Resources
Your Link to Nutrition & Health
At The Nutrition Center of Glens Falls Hospital, you will find nutrition professionals dedicated to building a relationship with you, your significant others, and the members of our health care team, to help you meet your nutrition-related goals.
We are here to provide nutrition expertise and the support and encouragement you need to help you achieve a higher level of health and well being, through both individual counseling and group education.
Our Registered Dietitians (RDs), who are also New York State certified dietitian-nutritionists (CDNs), provide medical nutrition therapy for a wide variety of conditions/interests, including but not limited to:
- Indirect calorimeter testing
- Diabetes management
- Cardiac health
- Cancer prevention, treatment and recovery
- GI conditions including Crohn's disease and Celiac disease
- Renal nutrition: prevention, dialysis and transplant management
- Nutrition support therapies
- Weight management and bariatrics
- Vegetarian meal planning
- Food allergy management
- Sports nutrition
- Prenatal nutrition
- Surgical recovery
- Herb and supplement use
- Anorexia/bulimia treatment
- Food safety guidelines
Our Registered Dietitians also conduct community-based workshops on a number of nutrition-related topics.
Many insurance plans cover nutritional services. You may want to verify coverage with your health plan. Medicare beneficiaries will have diabetes and non-dialysis renal disease covered. Medicaid coverage is available for diabetes and selected additional conditions.
A referral is required for all services.