Healthy eating is vital to good health. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, eating a diet high in fruits and vegetables is associated with a decreased risk of many chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, and some cancers.
Did you know that ? of your plate each meal should be fruits and vegetables?
Check out the Good Moves below and learn more about how to “choose” and “grow” healthy foods.
Eat Healthy. Feel Healthy.
Read labels and select healthy options for snack and other meals.
- American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Healthfnider.gov – Nutrition
- Let‘s Move: Eat Healthy
Fresh ahead. The best drive through is a farm stand
Find a local farmers market, farm stand or CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) near you!
- Adirondack Harvest – Maps locating local foods (including CSAs, farmers‘ markets, farm stands)?
- Glens Falls Farmers‘ Market (Glens Falls/Queensbury)
- Local Harvest – Community Supported Agriculture
- Cornell Cooperative Extension, Washington County – Washington County Farms
Dig in to healthier meals. (Growing your own food is easy, healthy & inexpensive)
Plant a vegetable garden!
- Let‘s Move Gardening Guide
- American Community Gardening Association
- University of Missouri Extension – Community Gardening Toolkit
Are you part of a local business, school or community organization and interested in joining the Good Move campaign? Contact us at to receive a free Good Move promotional starter kit.
Spread the word and make a Good Move today.