Playing an active role in your and your family‘s overall health and medical care is another component of healthy living, according to Healthprovider.gov. ?Talking with your healthcare provider about health concerns and decisions, and getting regular checkups and suggested medical screenings may help you and your loved ones get healthy and stay healthy.
Check out the Good Moves below for ideas about talking with your healthcare provider and making healthy choices.
Have you talked to your healthcare provider lately?
Ask your healthcare provider about healthy choices for you.
- Healthfinder.gov – Doctor visits
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Healthy Living topics such as prevention, smoking and tobacco cessation
It's never too late to quit
Talk to your healthcare provider and call 1-866-NY-QUITS
- NYS Smokers Quitline
- CR Wood Cancer Center of Glens Falls Hospital Support Services and Survivorship Program – Quit for Life Stop Smoking Program
Breasfeeding Works for working women
- Breastfeeding and Going Back to Work?
- NYS Department of Health‘s WIC Program & CAI – Breastfeedingpartners.org
- CDC‘s Healthier Worksite Initiative - Lactation Support Toolkit
- Business Case for Breastfeeding
Are you part of a local business, school or community organization and interested in joining the Good Move campaign? Contact us at to receive a free Good Move promotional starter kit.
Spread the word and make a Good Move today.