All full- and part-time employees (scheduled 30 hours or more per pay period).
To encourage and support the professional growth and advancement of employees.
Subject to budget constraints, applications will be considered in the order received, using the
- Tuition Reimbursements funds in any fiscal year are limited to budgeted amounts, and the program may
be suspended at any time.
- All regular full-time and part-time (scheduled 30 hours or more per pay period) employees may be considered
for the program following the completion of six months of active service.
- Employees should submit applications for tuition reimbursement in writing to their department director who
will forward the request, together with his/her recommendations, to Human Resources prior to beginning
class(es). Final approval of the request will rest with Human Resources.
- Since funds for reimbursement are limited, certain criteria will be used to grant approval. Among these are:
- Satisfactory work record.
- Education must be in a school approved by the Hospital.
- Education must clearly relate to hospital careers.
- Tuition reimbursement may be applied toward expenses for tuition, books, fees and other materials.
- Reimbursement of expenses up to $1,000 is permitted for eligible full-time employees and up to $500 for
eligible part-time employees pursuing undergraduate degrees during a 12-month fiscal year.
- Eligible full-time employees pursuing graduate programs may be approved for a maximum of $1,500 each
fiscal year. Eligible part-time employees pursuing graduate programs may be approved for a maximum of
$900 each fiscal year.
- For those employees pursuing a degree which will enable them to work in a job that the Hospital determines
to be a high-demand, priority job, i.e., RN (Associate or Bachelor Degree), Ultrasound, Respiratory, Nuclear
Medicine, Laboratory Technologists, tuition reimbursement of up to $2,500 for eligible full-time employees
and up to $1,250 for eligible part-time employees may be approved for undergraduate educational expense
during a 12-month fiscal year. Eligible full-time employees pursuing graduate programs, i.e., Master's in
Nursing, may be approved for a maximum of $3,000 each fiscal year. Eligible part-time employees pursuing
graduate programs may be approved for a maximum of $1,800 each fiscal year.
The Hospital will determine annually which jobs fall in the category of high-demand, priority jobs.
- The student must achieve a minimum grade of a "C" or the equivalent in the course of study. Proof of
satisfactory completion of the course must be submitted to Human Resources at the conclusion of each
school term and prior to reimbursement.
The following guidelines apply only to certifications:
- Reimbursement for certifications is for test fees only, in connection with the achievement of certification
through a national organization. Certifications for any one full-time employee may be approved for up to
$300 during a 12-month fiscal year, and part-time employees may be approved for up to $200 a year.
- It is the department manager's responsibility to periodically provide Human Resources with an up-to-date list
of eligible certifications for given departments and positions. Such certifications must be beyond the basic
requirements for the positions and must signify advanced knowledge and skills. For example, the list
from the Nurse Manager of Coronary Care might identify CCRN certification for RN's in that unit as being
eligible for approval.
- The employee must include with the certification application evidence of achievement of the certification and
receipts for test fees.
Click here to download the "Request for Tuition Reimbursement" form.