Snuggery Visitor Policy
For the safety and security of the infants, staff and families in the Snuggery, the following visitor policy is provided:
- Visitors (except siblings of the new baby) will be provided with a pass, which will be returned to the desk when leaving the unit.
- During labor, there can be up to 2 labor support people plus the significant other. These 3 people will remain the only 3 allowed during this time.
- After delivery, only 4 visitors with passes (this does not include dad/significant other) will be allowed in the room at any given time.
- Siblings of the newborn will be allowed to visit accompanied by an adult. Exceptions to this include flu or any other community outbreak where infection poses a larger threat. During those times, siblings will not be allowed to visit. The sibling must be free of any signs of illness.
- Sibling attended birth is allowed except as above during community outbreak. Children under the age of 14 must have attended the Sibling Attended Birth class and be accompanied by an adult whose only responsibility is that child.
Fathers/Significant other are welcome any time.
All other visitors may visit 9:00 a.m. -- 8:00 p.m.
Quiet time is from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (this is a time for just the Mom, Dad/Significant other and Baby)