A Note from Lamaze Magazine
In keeping with this era of social media and online communication, and given the current economic challenges of supporting bulk print distribution at no charge, Lamaze: Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond, has moved to an online resource for you and your expectant parents. At www.magazine.lamaze.org, you'll find every article that was regularly featured in our print edition, complete with full-color photos and graphics, printer-friendly downloads as well as links to additional resources for expectant parents. The magazine also is available in Spanish at www.revista.lamaze.org.
Online you will also find a wealth of educational resources to provide to your expectant parents, including:
- Building Confidence Week by Week, the free Lamaze 40 weeks e-mail for parents
- Video clips that show tried-and-true ways to make birth as safe and healthy as possible
- "Ask Henci" forum, our ask-an-expert discussion forum for moms-to-be
- Parent tip sheets on topics like newborn care, breastfeeding, avoiding induction and healthy pregnancy tips
- Coming soon: Real Women Giving Birth with Confidence, our new blog for moms by moms
As an added benefit for educators, the most recent issue of the Lamaze Magazine is available in its entirety as a printable download. Educators, researchers and advocates also are encouraged to visit Science & Sensibility, our research blog dedicated to providing insight into the latest developments surrounding pregnancy and birth.
Also, as a Lamaze Magazine print edition subscriber, you will receive special access to our new Genesis "summary" e-newsletter. Previously a members-only publication, Lamaze now shares six summary issues of Genesis per year with all of our supporters. You'll stay up-to-date on the latest research, educational opportunities, discussions in the news and general activities. We thank you for your continued support and as always, we welcome your comments and feedback.
Linda L. Harmon, MPH